GPA development - icons for trust level

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan@intevation.de
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 17:54:55 +0200

On Thu, Jun 22, 2000 at 05:06:55PM +0200, Peter Gerwinski wrote:

> Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:
> > marginally thumb vertical
>
> You mean: thumb horizontal?
Yes of course :-)
> This is about how far you trust in another human. This question
> is a very serious one. (Therefore we do not show the ownertrust
> in the public key ring editor by default.) The meaning of these
> trust levels must never be misunderstood.
OK.
> For instance, I have a friend whom I really trust in many
> respects, but he is completely unexperienced in computers.
> Emotionally, I would "have to" assign him a "thumb up".
> However the correct assignment would be an emotion-neutral
> "trust marginally".
This must be part of the help-text.

So we'll go for the thumbs? To my mind we should apply the same icons to the trust levels for owner _and_ for keys. Are there any reasons why this should not be done? Jan -- Jan-Oliver Wagner http://intevation.de/~jan/ Intevation GmbH http://intevation.de/ FreeGIS http://freegis.org/