Keyring locations

Rich rich@cnylug.org
Wed Feb 21 00:39:03 2001

  Hello,

   I have been helping Timo beta-test WinPT and we have been trying
to solve a problem that came about because I keep my keyrings in an
encrypted Scramdisk partition that I mount when I'm going to be doing
some crypto stuff.

   When I mount the scramdisk partition it comes up as my P: drive
(though I JUST changed this today to S: for "secure").

   WinPT had trouble with that in the beginning because it expected
them to be in the C:\GnuPG directory.  I made things worse by not
using *.GPG file extensions for the keyrings and sticking with the
PGP names of pubring.pkr and secring.skr.

   This was easy to tell GPG about by simply adding 2 lines to my
OPTIONS file defining the path of my keyring and secret-keyring.

   My question of course has to do with GPA.  I look forward to using
it under Win32, but wonder if my particular config is going to break
anything that GPA expects?  Will using the Scramdisk partition
confuse GPA?  I don't want to have to move my keyrings out of the
encrypted partition.

  Rich...
  The Central New York Linux User Group
 Now with one of them web page thingies!