UTF problem?

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Thu Jan 25 12:46:00 2001

On Thu, 25 Jan 2001, Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:

> I then added a conversion (as recommended on http://user.sgic.fi/~tml/gimp/win32/):
> utf8 = g_convert (string, strlen (string),
> "UTF-8", "CP850",
> NULL, NULL, NULL);
> to simple-gettext.c and it worked quite nice, but
> I am not sure whether this is a good idea.
g_conert is just a wrapper around iconf and that DLL is 730k. Given that gnu-intl.dll is only 28k, we should better drop simple-gettext and use standard gettext. To keep everything coherent I should then modify simple-gettext to use the same registry entries as gnu-intl. Werner -- Werner Koch <wk@gnupg.org> GNU Privacy Guard (http://www.gnupg.org) Free Software Foundation Europe (http://www.fsfeurope.org) [Please see X-* mail header for OpenPGP key info]