Sorting the keyring by different fields (patch)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard@intevation.de
Sat Oct 20 19:53:01 2001

--VV4b6MQE+OnNyhkM

Hello Miquel,

first thanks for the patch and the Changelog-entry it is appreciated.
Unfortunalty there is no one actively working on the gpa application=20
right now.  :( 	I cannot promise quick inclusion in the CVS.
This should also explain why the response to inquiries and questions
is sometimes very slow.

Gpa development was partly funded by a department of the German ministry=20
of economics and the other part was basically funded by=20
companies like G-N-U GmbH (Peter Gerwinski), Intevation GmbH and=20
"Werner Koch Softwaresysteme". Several people developed gpa, the old
version by Markus Gerwinski and the new version revised by Bernhard Herzog.
As funding ran out and there was not much response not a lot=20
time for gpa is available. (Note that gpa was only a small part of the
government funding.)

We are hoping to get funds for a follow-up project so that we
can help externel developers and users better. This has not happened yet.

On Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 05:35:49PM +0200, Miguel Coca wrote:

> In the past I've noticed that, by reading mailing lists where PGP
> signatures are common, my keyring has been filled with lots of keys. Only=
> few of them are really trustworthy, and in GPA there is no easy way to fi=
nd
> them.
>=20
> To solve this, I've modified GPA so that you can sort your keyring
> by any field you want, including key and owner trust. I attach a patch
> against the latest CVS (with ChangeLog entries at the beginning of the fi=
le,
> as suggested).
>=20
> Also, I'd be willing to work on improving GPA, but I don't know w=
hat
> to do exactly. The TODO file seems a bit out of date. I understand there
> would be interest in replacing gpapa with gpgme. I could try to do it, but
> it seems to be a major change which I would not attempt without the
> developers' permission and advice :-)
I say: Go ahead you have our permission. Best is if you publish well understood patches. Feel free to publish tarballs with the patches and reasonable names. (Like gpa-0.4.1-miquel-0.1.tar or similiar...) We see about CVS later.