Ägypte n with S/MIME and OpenPGP

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan@intevation.de
Tue Oct 30 14:33:01 2001

Hi Jan,

On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 06:51:48PM +0200, Jan Petranek wrote:
> My interest lies more to the issue, how implementing both (OpenPGP and
> S/MIME) format would effect public-key-infrastructures.

in the first instance it can't have an effect on pki.
pki with OpenPGP and S/MIME are two separate worlds.

Nonetheless this is a really important issue and
besides technology issues concerns social/economic
aspects in pki concepts.

It is far beyond the scope of Ägypten to develop concepts
for combining pki approaches behind OpenPGP and S/MIME.
Perhaps we can convince authorities to invest in
neutral research towards sensible pki :-)

> PS: Should this be the wrong place for this quite general discussion,
> feel free to haunt me and point me to an apropriate list.

It's apropriate!

Regards

	Jan
--