Some build issues, Some build issues

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Mon Aug 19 08:59:01 2002

On Sun, 18 Aug 2002 07:15:01 +0200, Malte Starostik said:

> 2) Although libksba compiled fine without pcsclite (I don't need smart card
> support, unfortunately my card reader is too old for pcsclite...), newpg's
> acinclude.m4 contains this (line 437):

> KSBA_LIBS="$KSBA_LIBS -lpcsclite -lpthread"

2002-08-19  Werner Koch  <wk@gnupg.org>

	* acinclude.m4: Removed -lpcsclite from KSBA_LIBS; copy+paste bug.

> being in $PATH, given that I passed --prefix=/usr/local/aegypten. i.e. any
> part of aegypten requiring others should look for them in $prefix as well as
> $PATH.

There are different ways to specify where the config files are.  Don't
consider libgcrypt or libksba be part of Aegypten - in fact Aegypten
is only a project name.

You suggestion might create more problems than it tries to solve.
What should we do if there is another foo-config installed - should we
take the one from PATH or the one from PREFIX?

Every library you are going to use has to be installed properly before
you use it; that also means that it must be accessible.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner