Status of GPA and GPGME

Miguel Coca e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es
Sun Aug 25 15:18:01 2002

On Sun, Aug 25, 2002 at 14:22:36 +0200, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Aug 2002 15:58:29 +0200, Miguel Coca said:
>
> > At the moment, I'm looking at the way to port the filemanager (as well as
> > fixing the occasional bug in the keyring editor). I'll have to look at the
> > way to replace the gpapa concept of files with gpgme's data buffers.
>
> Marcus is working on a write callback and eventually passing a file
> descriptor or name without copy flag set will work.

Yes, that would help, but I could live without it.

What is a bit more difficult (or impossible) to solve with gpgme is telling
the status of a file. In Gpapa you could tell whether a file was signed,
encrypted, plaintext, etc, just by asking.

Is there a way to do that in gpgme? I don't think so. I emailed Marcus about
it yesterday, but I think any good solution would need support in gpg.

I also have some doubts about the value of showing the number of signatures
on a file in the list of open files. It doesn't look like an important bit
of information, and it could be a lot of trouble to make sure the
information is up to date. I'll have to look at it more carefully.

Thanks,
--
Miguel Coca                                         e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es
PGP Key 0x27FC3CA8                         http://zipi.fi.upm.es/~e970095/