Status of GPA and GPGME

Miguel Coca e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es
Mon Aug 26 02:41:01 2002

On Sun, Aug 25, 2002 at 19:56:56 +0200, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Aug 2002 15:18:33 +0200, Miguel Coca said:
>
> > What is a bit more difficult (or impossible) to solve with gpgme is telling
> > the status of a file. In Gpapa you could tell whether a file was signed,
> > encrypted, plaintext, etc, just by asking.
>
> > Is there a way to do that in gpgme? I don't think so. I emailed Marcus about
> > it yesterday, but I think any good solution would need support in gpg.
>
> I'd also like to have something like this. For GPGSM we have some support
> for this, but there is none for GPG yet.

Having it would be great. Is there any chance to have it in gnupg 1.2? If
you are going to implement it soon, I might as well wait for it before
beginning work on the filemanager.

Meanwhile, I have a lot of ideas for improving the keyring editor, and make
the interface more consistent (you may have noticed I'm trying to use stock
gtk dialogs and buttons everywhere). I would also like to provide detailed
feedback on the result of imports, for example.

Also, is there any chance to get an interface to keyserver access from
gpgme? I know there is supposed to be a way to get remote key listings
(although I can't get it to work), but there is no support for --recv-key or
--send-key. Wouldn't it be a waste to have to reimplement it for GPA?

Thanks,
--
Miguel Coca                                         e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es
PGP Key 0x27FC3CA8                         http://zipi.fi.upm.es/~e970095/