UI for the list of key signatures?

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder avbidder@fortytwo.ch
Mon Dec 2 11:45:02 2002

--=-tp373y/pWC7iHUk1oKWT

On Mon, 2002-12-02 at 11:34, Miguel Coca wrote:

>         1. A tree, with the user ID's as branches and the signatures as
>         leaves. This is how PGP does it, but it's slightly confusing to m=
ix
>         different things (user ID's and signatures) in the same listing.

Personally, I think the confusion is not too big.

>         2. Different lists for each user ID, the way it works when verify=
ing
>         the signatures on several files at the same time. We would have a
>         tab for each user ID, and each would have the list of signatures =
on
>         that ID.

I hate tabs. I hate tabs. I hate tabs. :-)

Would a windows registry editor-style ui be too complex? have the list
of uids on the left and the list of signatures on the right?

>=20
>         3. Somehow list all the signatures together, avoiding duplicates.
>         That would be easy to read for new users, but more advanced users
>         would probably dislike the loss of information (this could be
>         combined, via the advanced-ui mode, with one of the above).

While a way to see the uid the signature belongs to MUST be available,
I'd sure use this mode - in most cases, people sign all uids anyway, so
this list would just provide what most people are interested in.=20

I use gpa for keyring and trust maintenance only. So, for me, a good
thing to have available in the list of signatures is a way to see how
the trust is calculated. Add a column and show the trust values of each
signing key? Or use colors?

Just my $.02
-- vbi

--=20