translation

Miguel Coca e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es
Mon Dec 2 22:29:02 2002

--LZvS9be/3tNcYl/X

On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 21:50:30 +0100, Michael Anckaert wrote:
> One more question about the translation files: I noticed there are many
> strings that occur many times in the translation files, Is this
> necessary? Can't we use the same string for multiple windows/views?

Some of those cases are due to shortcuts (sometimes they are needed,
sometimes they aren't). Other than that, that shouldn't happen (I can't see
any obvious cases in an up to date gpa.pot).

Gettext should automatically recognize identical strings and group them in
the translation files.

If you find any cases that really have no clear explanation, please tell me,
and I'll try to fix it.

Thanks,
--=20
Miguel Coca                                         e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es