Bug list update, 02.12.2002

Markus Gerwinski markus@gerwinski.de
Tue Dec 3 12:56:02 2002

--PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9

Miguel Coca wrote:
> > I've run my test on GPA again. Here's what I found.
> I'm beginning to fear your test ;-)

Heh heh... B-)=)

> >  * Keys/Sign keys: Mostly OK, but results in a program crash, if
> >     - the key already has a signature of this user or
> >     - the default key has been deleted, and a new default key hasn't
> >       yet been set.
> Both have been fixed.

Signature already there: OK.
Default key deleted: OK... but for the average user, this is still a bit
confusing, I fear. Maybe it would be better to warn the user when deleting
the default key resp. when it's going to expire?

Suggestion:
 - When the default key is going to expire the same week or so, GPA shows a
   warning on startup (with the possibilities to set a new expiration time or
   alternatively choose/create another default key).
 - When the user's deleting the default key, the warning about that could
   offer him the possibility to choose/create another default key.

What do you think?

??? On 28 Nov, you wrote:

> Validity is what used to be called "Key trust". We only consider valid keys
> [...]

Ah, wait a moment... Was I mixing up "key trust" and "owner trust" here? Could
you give me the source file/line where the key trust of a given key is
calculated?

> >  - Import keys from Server: OK (with a small hack.)
> The hack is in CVS now, please verify it.

Verified. It's running fine now.

> >  * Signatures: GPA still doesn't display any key signatures.
> Working on this one.

Yep, okay. I'll list it as "Bugfix in progress" in my next update. (If it's
still there until then.;-)

> >  - Keys/Backup: OK, always the default key is backup'd. Still missing: A
> >    function to backup other keys than the default key.
> This will have to wait a bit.

Okay, I'll take it to the "known bugs".

> You can also add that there is currently no way to get into advanced UI mode
> (I'll try to fix it next).

How is the advanced UI mode defined?

> BTW, wouldn't it be easier for everybody to have some kind of bug database
> where we can manage this? Is there something like that planned for GnuPG in
> general?

Good idea! Maybe we could set up something on http://www.gnupg.org for that
matter?

Yours,