Cross-compiling GPA for MinGW

Markus Gerwinski markus@gerwinski.de
Tue Dec 3 15:14:02 2002

Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> > How do I set up a config.cache with a correct result?
> By reading the autoconf documentation and following its instructions.

Okay, I did. I made a config.cache via "configure -C", and I ran autogen.sh
with the option --cache-file=config.cache. The result was an error message:

  configure: loading cache config.cache
  configure: error: `CC' was not set in the previous run
  configure: error: `CPP' was not set in the previous run
  configure: error: `host_alias' was not set in the previous run
  configure: error: `target_alias' was not set in the previous run
  configure: error: changes in the environment can compromise the build
  configure: error: run `make distclean' and/or `rm config.cache' and start over

What's wrong this time?

Removing configure.ac, l. 162-164 as a workaround lead me to:

> > If I don't add the --with-gpgsm=... option, I get an error message like
> > "Could not find gpgsm".
> Try with "configure --without-gpgsm".

"autogen.sh --build-w32 --without-gpgsm" worked finally.

The error message of "make" has changed now... at least it doesn't seem to try
compiling Assuan any more. I get:

  In file included from conversion.c:31:
  gpgme.h:518: parse error before `*'
  gpgme.h:519: warning: type defaults to `int' in declaration of `ssize_t'
  gpgme.h:519: `ssize_t' declared as function returning a function
  gpgme.h:519: warning: function declaration isn't a prototype
  gpgme.h:532: parse error before `GpgmeDataWriteCb'
  gpgme.h:532: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
  gpgme.h:535: parse error before `}'
  gpgme.h:545: `gpgme_data_write' declared as function returning a function
  In file included from conversion.c:32:
  util.h:75: `read' declared as function returning a function
  util.h:76: `write' declared as function returning a function
  conversion.c: In function `_gpgme_data_append':
  conversion.c:154: function `amt' is initialized like a variable
  conversion.c:157: invalid operands to binary +
  conversion.c:158: invalid operands to binary -

What's wrong here?

Thanks,

  Markus