GPA iPAQ and icons

Florian Boor florian.boor@kernelconcepts.de
Wed Dec 4 06:50:02 2002

Hello!

> I must confess my knowledge of Familiar is second-hand (attended a talk
> about it a couple of weeks ago). But, IIRC, GPE uses GTK+2. Since the next
> GPA release has already been ported to GTK+2, it should work pretty well in
> GPE. So you should save yourself the time of trying to replicate our work in
> that area.

Yes and no - GPE started with GTK 1.2 but most applications are still ported to GTK2.
At the moment the rest of porting is in progress. I have both libs on my iPaq :-)

> Unless you write a short C program that includes the icons.xpm file and
> writes each icon to a different file :-) That should be easy.

Okay, i had some time today... now it is quite usable. I reduced the size of the larger
images by half and the toolbar images by 30%. It's far from being perfect, but it seems to
  work and looks quite good.
I'm sorry i don't have any screenshot yet, but Russ Nelsons scap script seems to be down.
(scape is a very strange tool to create screenshots on an ipaq.)
I'll try to create one on tuesday and create a patch :-)

Greetings

Florian

--
The dream of yesterday                  Florian Boor
is the hope of today                    Tel: 0271-771091-14 | Fax:0271-771091-19