Bug list update, 02.12.2002

Markus Gerwinski markus@gerwinski.de
Wed Dec 4 12:42:01 2002

--r5Pyd7+fXNt84Ff3

Miguel Coca wrote:
> We shouldn't encourage users to change the expiration date of their keys
> (unless maybe in advanced mode). The "expire" command in --edit-key only
> changes the primary key, not any encryption subkeys you may have.

Okay. I anyway didn't mean this one as an urgent suggestion. I hope, most
"average users" will never run into this problem.

> Other than that, a reminder for that situation may be a good idea. Add it=
> the "feature request" list :-)

Done. :-)

> If someone deletes the default key, I think we should assume he knows why
> he's doing it :-) And, anyway, he'll be reminded to create a new one when
> the program restarts and no secret key is found (well, it should... doesn=
't
> seem to work right now).

That one wouldn't warn the user if he had two secret keys and deleted the
default key, but still has another one.

> > Could you give me the source file/line where the key trust of a given k=
ey is
> > calculated?
> That happens somewhere inside gpg. If you want a description of the model
> used, you can take a look at the GPH:
>=20
>         http://www.gnupg.org/gph/en/manual.html#AEN335

=2E.. I see. So, a key is looked upon as valid, if

 - it's signed by someone I've got at least "full" ownertrust to or
 - it's signed by someone who's key is signed by someone I've got at least
   "full" ownertrust to.

Else, it's invalid. Right? (Sorry if it's a stupid question, but I want to =
be
sure not to run into my before misunderstanding again.)

>         http://bugs.guug.de/db/pa/lgpa.html
>=20
> We could try to use that, although I'd rather have a bugzilla or similar.=
 Or
> maybe we could register a GPA project at savannah.gnu.org and use their b=
ug
> tracking database.

I'm with you here. What do the others mean?

Yours,

  Markus

--r5Pyd7+fXNt84Ff3

--r5Pyd7+fXNt84Ff3--