german translations

Miguel Coca mcoca@gnu.org
Mon Dec 23 11:33:02 2002

--pf9I7BMVVzbSWLtt

On Mon, Dec 23, 2002 at 00:27:01 +0100, Steffen Michalek wrote:
> Hello!
>=20
> Recently, lack of german translations for gpa was mentioned
> on this list.

Yes,

> I am a absolute newbie in contributing to a gnu project.
> I just downloaded the de.po-file, started kbabel and tried
> to understand, what to do...

You seem to have done a good job. But what you seem to have forgotten is to
go over the list of fuzzy translations. You need to check them, correct them
as needed, and remove the fuzzy mark. Otherwise they are now used.

> .. made some small, some greater changes, few new sentences.

Those changes are in CVS now.

> If this diff -u seems to be helpful, take it.

I adds a some lacking translations, which certainly is useful.

> If anyone can give me hints with strategy/details/criteria for
> translating more meaningful and consistent/concordant(?), please
> let me know.

About the words themselves, I don't know German, so I can't judge :-)

Thanks,
--=20
Miguel Coca (mcoca@gnu.org)                http://zipi.fi.upm.es/~e970095/

--pf9I7BMVVzbSWLtt