New releases of libgcrypt, libksba and newpg

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Thu Feb 7 22:19:02 2002

Hi!

I have just released some software for the Aegypten project.  To
demonstrate that we made some progress I bumbed some version numbers a
bit ;-)

ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/alpha/libgcrypt/libgcrypt-1.1.6.tar.gz (618k)
ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/alpha/libgcrypt/libgcrypt-1.1.5-1.1.6.diff.gz
(12k)

ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/alpha/aegypten/libksba-0.2.0.tar.gz (357k)
[sorry, no diff file]

ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/alpha/aegypten/newpg-0.3.0.tar.gz (262k)
ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/alpha/aegypten/newpg-0.0.0-0.3.0.diff.gz (102k)

There is no need to build OpenSC yet as we only have some stubs. you
need to build libksba and libgcrypt prior to newpg.

The major news is that gpg-agent does now operate as a daemon ("eval
`gpg-agent`"), caches the passphrases and encrypts the secret keys.
You may want to try the gpg-agent with the latest GnuPG CVS version
which supports the new protocol - I am using this daily with Gnus.
There is also some progress with certicate handling etc.

Because theDirMngr has not yet been released the gpgsm option
--disable-crl-checks might come handy.  For more information consult
http://www.gnupg.org/aegypten/ or ask on gpa-dev@gnupg.org.

Have fun,

  Werner