Questions about Aegypten

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Fri Jul 26 13:07:02 2002

On Fri, 26 Jul 2002 11:54:21 +0200, Tilman Linneweh said:

> As you said "still", i guess you plan to replace this one day, are you?

Yes.

> Or as there is already a dummy function in the code, you will ship your
> own version of fopencookie with newpg?

It is not easy to write a replaemenot for it.  I have in mind to
create a complete stdio library replacement so that other nice
features of the GNU stdio can be used.  Currently we have to dispense
with these features for the sake of portability ;-(

> I think this is necessary, because I hope aegypten, when it is ready,
> will run on the other OSs from Redmond and Cupertino.

Windows support is unlikely but in theory possible.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner