Can't compile gpa, getting error in make

Miguel Coca e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es
Fri Jun 14 19:16:02 2002

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 06:30:47PM +0200, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Jun 2002 01:16:06 +0200, Miguel Coca said:
> > I volunteer for that.
>
> Many thanks for this.  This will help us a lot to get GPA development
> straight againt.

No problem. I hope I will be able to do some more work after that.

> > I have already contacted Peter, and got his support. I will begin the
> > ChangeLog as soon as I receive a series of diffs leading from 0.4.3 to 0.5.0
> > he'll send me.
>
> Any news on this (I know that Peter is almost always quite busy)?

Peter mailed me the diffs (the whole 2MB of them) on Monday. I already have
finished the ChangeLogs for the first one (which is also the largest: 80KB
gzipped after I removed the changes to the Makefile.in's and such).

I sent him the results with a couple of questions yesterday, and intended to
send the result to the list when I got a reply. If you are interested, I
will send it to the list tomorrow, after I clean it up a bit (would it be
all right to send the 80KB to the list, or would it be better to put it on
the web somewhere?). Right now I don't have the time.

BTW, what about someone checking these diffs into a CVS branch as I send
them? I'm getting too used to the cvs diff commands in emacs :-) (and I
can't get cvs to recognize that there are new files when I use a local
repository).

> As an alternative you might want to create the diffs yourself and work
> through them - feel free to post questions to this list, so we can try to
> answer them.

So far there are no major problems. But this patch was composed mostly of
simple changes (lots of compile time cleanups), so they will probably be
needed for the next ones.

> AFAIK, some build problems are due to post-processed Makefiles bypassing
> the autoconf.

Yeah, I know, as I sent a patch to solve that to the list. I've been
ignoring those changes. That will probably mean that what I send will not
compile, but I think it is important to have the code that was released as
0.5.0 in CVS, isn't it?

> Don't put too much work into these ChangeLogs.  They should merely
> give the reader an understanding what changed.

Don't worry, I gave up trying to document every new cast and type change
before I finished the first file :-)

Regards,
--
Miguel Coca                                         e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es