Problem with S/MIME support

Matthias Welwarsky matze@stud.fbi.fh-darmstadt.de
Tue May 7 21:29:01 2002

--------------Boundary-02=_Y3ARIM7G2SA26XSC1EC8

Hi all,

I've set up the framework as described on the website and already got PGP/MIME
running quite well with KMail, however I had no luck with S/MIME yet. Signing
of messages fails with Error #22 from the plugin, "Invalid Engine". The
documentation says that an unsupported protocol(?) was requested. I looked at
the execution with strace and it seems to conduct the action up to actually
asking the plugin to sign the message, but gpgme_op_sign returns the
mentioned error number.

I'm stuck here. I'm using software from cvs, compiled from source (linux, gcc
2.95.3). Is S/MIME working for someone here?

regards,
	matze