KMail OpenPGP/MIME HOWTO

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Tue Oct 22 16:01:02 2002

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002 14:17:02 +0200, Marc Mutz said:

> It would make this stuff _much_ easier if gpg-agent was a package of
> it's own (you'd need only gpg-agent and gpgme for OpenPGP support and
> distributions would be more likely to include gpg-agent if it wasn't
> bundled with newpg).

Should not be a problem for Debian ;-)

I have recently started to merge newpg with gnupg and thus I hesitate
to do any change before this has been finished[1].  If you want to
track this, use the GNUPG-1-9-BRANCH from the GnuPG CVS.

OTOH, it should be easy to create a new package from newpg which just
contains the gpg-agent and eben this beast can be be stripped down
because for PGP it is only used for caching purposes (no need for
libgcrypt).  Maybe a package with the gpg-agent and one of the
pin-entries makes sense.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner

[1] No, I don't know when this will happen.