GPA and GPGME

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Tue Oct 29 19:17:02 2002

On Tue, 29 Oct 2002 18:32:48 +0100, Miguel Coca said:

> I'm testing GPA with the latest stable GPGME (although with a simple fix of
> my own that I've already sent to Marcus) and GnuPG 1.2.1 and it works fine.

Marcus is on vacation until next week; he will then work on the signature
API with priority.

> Also, concerning the user interface, I don't like the fact that GPA uses
> "trust" to refer to both the key trust and the owner trust. It would

Yes, please replace it.

> probably make sense to replace "key trust" with something else. However,
> based on my own experiences as a newbie, I dislike using "validity". Are
> there any suggestions?

The only thing I can suggest is to use either "key is valid" or "key
is NOT valid" instead of the 4 leves we currently use.  "trustworthy"
might be an alternative but then you have "trust" back again.

> In line with that, I'd like to keep the "change ownertrust" dialog out of
> the edit dialog. That way we could reserve "edit" to manage your own private
> key. For example, to manage user ID's and subkeys.

Perfect.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner