gpgme key key listing issues

Miguel Coca e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es
Wed Sep 11 00:23:02 2002

On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 18:17:39 +0200, Werner Koch wrote:
> The 0xC3 is the A-tilde (Ã) in Latin-1 which is less used than the
> other characters I believe.  A simple approach might be:

I just committed a changed based on that example to GPA. It seems to work,
save for problems with accented capital letters (I'm working on a more
detailed report and test case).

> If it would only be a PGP 2 problem we could fix this in GnuPG by
> looking at the type of the key and the signature to figure out whether
> it is OpenPGP.  But most keys are created with PGP (or the recent GPA)
> and thus we would need to apply heuristics for all keys - I don't
> think this is a good idea.  So lets try to fix it in the GUI display.

For the record, GPA HEAD, and any release that used GTK+ 2.0 (so I think
that applies to 0.5.0), creates correctly UTF-8 encoded user ID's. That's
because GTK+ 2 encodes all user input in UTF-8. I've tested it, and it seems
to work.

Regards,
--
Miguel Coca                                         e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es