gpg ignores --passphrase-fd if use-agent is set

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Thu Apr 10 08:45:01 2003

On Wed, 9 Apr 2003 23:47:13 +0200, Ingo Klöcker said:

> However, I'd like to know why gpg ignores --passphrase-fd if use-agent
> is set and gpg-agent isn't available. Would not ignoring
> --passphrase-fd be dangerous or was this just on oversight of the
> developers.

You mean

  echo passphrase | cat - message | gpg --passphrase-fd 0 ..

would reveal the the passphrase?  That is correct.  I'll fix this
immediately and do a dummy read.

Thanks,

  Werner

--
  Nonviolence is the greatest force at the disposal of
  mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of