kmail

Ingo Klöcker kloecker@kde.org
Mon Apr 14 21:34:01 2003

--Boundary-02=_E1wm+sQ9aTJ1jjS

On Monday 14 April 2003 16:19, Steffen Michalek wrote:
> Ingo, thank you for your immediate and helpfuls answer!
>
> The first trial of
>
> > echo Test | gpg --clearsign
>
> let the described window pop up, the second ran without
> new window (I think that is correct with my choice of
> some "hold password in memory"-option).
>
> However, kmail does not cooperate ..
>
> An idea: Is there a possibility for testing, if kmail can
> "see" the environment variable (and gpg / gpgme-openpgp.so)?

Open the composer (Message->New Message), enable the Sign Message icon,=20
choose "inline OpenPGP (built-in)", select Message->Save in Drafts=20
=46older. Now a passphrase dialog should popup. If the dialog of the=20
pinentry program pops up then KMail sees the environment variable. If a=20
passphrase dialog with an image of a pair of keys (this is KMail's=20
built-in passphrase dialog) appears then KMail didn't see the=20
environment variable.

A possible solution is to start gpg-agent in your .xinitrc or your=20
=2Exsession instead of in your .profile.

Regards,
Ingo