pgp/mime environment variable is not set

Pierre Abbat phma@webjockey.net
Mon Apr 21 19:36:29 2003

--Boundary-00=_o1Kk+16Lfky4vZj

I installed gpg-agent, gpgme-openpgp, etc. and got it working, except for one
thing. I had to set the environment variable for gpg-agent in a konsole and
start kmail from that konsole for it to work. Here's where I started
gpg-agent in startkde. Is kwrapper discarding the variable?

# We set LD_BIND_NOW to increase the efficiency of kdeinit.
# kdeinit unsets this variable before loading applications.
LD_BIND_NOW=true kdeinit +kcminit +knotify || \
  xmessage -geometry 500x100 "Couldn't start kdeinit. Check your
installation."

eval "$(gpg-agent --daemon)"

# finally, give the session control to the session manager
# if the KDEWM environment variable has been set, then it will be used as
KDE's
# window manager instead of kwin.

Also, it told me that the certificate expires in ten days - as my key doesn't,
what is it talking about?

Please cc me as I am not on the list.
phma
--