Dirmngr overhauled

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Dec 12 19:13:21 CET 2003

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 10:04:59 +0100, Werner Koch said:

> I have not changed that becuase I recall that there used to be a lot
> of trouble.  Given that I shifted my development from Sid to Woody
> plus some newer tools I have not tested DB4.

Okay. I removed DB2 et al. in favor of a CDB implementaion.  Frankly
that is what we have should since teh beginning: We do only create the
cache database once and the tehre will be only read access.  When
downloading a new CRL the cache DB is created froms cratch.  The CDB
implementation is pretty straightforward and should work on all modern
OSes (it mmaps its files).  Tehre is no need to do a dirmngr --flush
because the code will itself detect the updated database file layout.

Also some other cleanups and experimental support for retrieving CRL
via HTTP crlDistribitionPoints.

One missing thing is some file locking code to avoid duplicate
downloads of CRLs in case more than one process is using the cache.
It should still work, but it might lead to a inefficient bandwidth
usage.

The LDAP implementaion is also pretty memory hungry - I have to see
how to fix that.

Sorry, no time to care abnout automake 1.8.

  Werner

--
Werner Koch                                      <wk at gnupg.org>
The GnuPG Experts                                http://g10code.com