GPGME_No_Matching_Secret_Key error code missing

Ingo Klöcker kloecker@kde.org
Tue Feb 11 23:36:02 2003

--Boundary-02=_CpXS+sTV9UOdIGM

Hi,

why is there no GPGME_No_Matching_Secret_Key (or similar) error code?=20
Currently (gpgme 0.3.x used by KMail w/ =C4gypten)=20
gpgme_op_decrypt_verify() returns GPGME_No_Passphrase if the user=20
doesn't have a secret key which can be used to decrypt the message. How=20
are we supposed to tell our users the real reason for the failure of=20
the decryption?

=46urthermore why is the error called GPGME_No_Passphrase anyway if it is=20
returned in case of a _wrong_ passphrase? Why isn't it called=20
GPGME_Wrong_Passphrase? Or is there a third error for which=20
GPGME_No_Passphrase is returned?

Please in the future return different error codes for different errors.=20
Or do you expect the gpgme users to show their users a list of possible=20
reasons for the failure?

Sorry, for being a little bit harsh. But I can't understand how one can=20
return the same error code for completely different errors.

Regards,
Ingo