GPGME_No_Matching_Secret_Key error code missing

Ingo Klöcker kloecker@kde.org
Thu Feb 13 20:24:02 2003

--Boundary-02=_ky+S+lrxeV0IQIm

On Thursday 13 February 2003 04:02, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 12:02:15AM +0100, Ingo Kl=F6cker wrote:
> > > I am still waiting for more
> > > information on why Ingo sees No_Passphrase where I expect
> > > Decryption_Failed or Invalid_Key. I am also open to a discussion
> > > if a distinction between no passphrase and bad passphrase is
> > > useful.
> >
> > I was wrong. If decryption is impossible due to lack of an
> > appropriate secret key then indeed Decryption_Failed is returned.
> > No_Passphrase was returned because no gpg-agent was running and
> > therefore gpg couldn't ask for the passphrase.
>
> If no gpg-agent is running, gpgsm will start it itself, so this
> doesn't explain the No_Passphrase.

[snipped info about gpgsm]

I guess I should have told you that this is about OpenPGP and not about=20
S/MIME. I don't think gpgsm is involved.

> To fix the bogus No_Passphrase you saw, we need to find out what
> sequence of events triggered that.  I can not conclude that from just
> looking at GPGME, I need the gpgsm server log for that (or a way to
> reproduce it).

To reproduce the problem install KMail 1.5 (from KDE 3.1), add=20
"use-agent" to your ~/.gnupg/options (resp. gpg.conf ?), start KMail=20
without starting gpg-agent, select a message which is PGP/MIME=20
encrypted. KMail will tell you that gpgme_op_decrypt_verify() returned=20
error code 19 (=3D=3D GPGME_No_Passphrase).

Regards,
Ingo

--Boundary-02=_ky+S+lrxeV0IQIm

--Boundary-02=_ky+S+lrxeV0IQIm--