Invalid passphrase

Ingo Klöcker kloecker@kde.org
Tue Jul 22 01:03:02 2003

--Boundary-02=_aeGH/vao18lKwqi

On Monday 21 July 2003 12:50, John Aldrich wrote:
> On Saturday 19 July 2003 08:03 am, Ingo Kl=F6cker wrote:
> > Did you properly configure the plugins? About the passphrase
> > problem: Please use pinentry-gtk if pinentry-qt doesn't work for
> > you (which seems to be the case). Please run to following command
> > in a terminal where you started gpg-agent resp. where the
> > GPG_AGENT_INFO environment variable is known:
> >   echo Test | gpg --clearsign
> > Does this work?
>
> Yes!

How does it work? Do you get a passphrase dialog? Or do you enter the=20
passphrase in the terminal?

> > > What the heck is the problem here, people? I manually compiled
> > > everything from the tarballs using the command-line options
> > > specified on the KMail site and have got the Daemon running, so
> > > why does it 1) refuse to recognize my passphrase
> >
> > Did you actually get a chance to enter your passphrase? This is not
> > clear to me. If your passphrase contains non-ASCII characters then
> > this might be a reason.
>
> Nope. No chance to enter a passphrase with the plugin. After making
> some other changes to my setup (i.e. adding the eval statement to my
> /usr/bin/startkde) I can  no longer enter a passphrase using the
> built-in OpenPGP support either.

Last time I tried adding this statement to the /usr/bin/startkde didn't=20
work. Please open a Konsole and enter 'echo $GPG_AGENT_INFO'. If you=20
don't get an output similar to "/tmp/gpg-bAb9Bd/S.gpg-agent:2413:1"=20
then you will have to start the gpg-agent another way. For example=20
start the agent with the usual command, i. e. 'eval "$(gpg-agent=20
=2D-daemon)"' in Konsole and then start KMail with 'kmail' in the same=20
Konsole. Now it should work.

Regards,
Ingo