mutts having problems finding keys

Jason L. Buberel jason@buberel.org
Thu Jun 5 18:13:02 2003

--Boundary-03=_1x23+YzmZ1DC+7X

--Boundary-01=_wx23+UGQtiSp6/Q

B-

I'm using Mutt 1.5.0-gpgme-021125a (2002-01-22), which I installed using=20
apt-get. And it looks like the first bug you reference below (#1831) is the=
=20
exact problem I am having. The email address -> key matching algorithm alwa=
ys=20
fails. The bug reporter for #1831 is using the same version of mutts as you=
=20
are using (030408).

Perhaps this is a unicode vs. non-unicode string matching problem? I will=20
download the sources. I assume that non-debian users such as yourself are n=
ot=20
having this problem. Is that correct? Does the problem appear to be specifi=
c=20
to the debian build of mutts?

Thanks for your help,
jason

On Thursday 05 June 2003 03:40 am, you wrote:
> On Sun, May 25, 2003 at 03:26:51PM -0700, Jason L. Buberel wrote:
> > I just completed the installation of the aegypten-related tools and libs
> > on a debian woody (3.0) system. Everything was installed into
> > /usr/local/aegypten. mutts was built and installed into /usr/local/.
>
> Which precise version of mutts?
>
> I'm using mutts identifying itself as Mutt 1.5.0-gpgme-030408 (2002-01-22)
> for month in production here.
>
> There are a couple of know bugs,
> help is appreciated to fix them in mutts.
>
> Werner will occasionally works
> towards the more modern mutt versions and the integration,
> but this will take quite some time without help before this is ready
> for production.
>
> > My first test of the installation was to send a signed and encrypted
> > message to myself. I started 'mutts', addressed a message to
> > 'jason@buberel.org'. On the mutts send page, I pressed 'p' for pgp, then
> > selected 'b' to both sign+encrypt.
> >
> > Are there mutt configuration variables specific to mutts that are
> > required in order for key lookups to work correctly?
> >
> > Any pointers appreciated. I will write-up a HOWTO once I get everything
> > working.
>
> The two reported bugs below might affect you here:
> 	https://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=3D1831&display=3DHistory
> 	https://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=3D1699&display=3DHistory
>
> Bernhard

--Boundary-01=_wx23+UGQtiSp6/Q