problem with pinentry-qt ?

johan johan30@easynet.be
Sun Jun 15 21:20:02 2003

On Sunday 15 June 2003 20:42, Ingo Kl=F6cker wrote:
> [I accidentally sent my previous reply not to the list.]
>
> On Sunday 15 June 2003 20:20, johan wrote:
> > >
> > > Try the following:
> > > Start /usr/loca/bin/pinentry-qt manually. You will probably get a
> > > warning (Warning: using insecure memory!) and then the following
> > > prompt.
> > > OK Your orders please
> > >
> > > Now enter "getpin". Now the passphrase dialog should appear. Play
> > > around with it: Enter something, click on Cancel, click on OK. In
> > > order to stop pinentry-qt you have to abort it with Ctrl+C.
> > >
> > > If all of the above works then it should also work with KMail. So I
> > > guess trying the above will give you or us a clue why it doesn't
> > > work for you.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Ingo
> >
> > Ingo,
> >
> > manually I cando that without problems, i get a box after
> > /usr/local/bin/pinentry-qt, where i can add a password, but only it
> > doesn't work with kmail, with gtk it does.
> > manually :
> > ohan@laptop:~$ pinentry-qt
> > Warning: using insecure memory!
> > OK Your orders please
> > getpin
> > D ******
> > OK
>
> Then please try to run the following command in a console where the
> $GPG_AGENT_INFO environment variable is set:
> echo Test | gpg --clearsign
>
> Does the passphrase dialog come up? Does it work?
>
> Regards,
> Ingo
HI,

A passphrase comes up (textbased, not in qt), when I put the pinentry-qt in=
=20
ghe conf-file. When I put the pintentry-gtk in the conf-file, a gtk-box com=
es=20
up. This is what happens with the pinentry-qt : =20

johan@laptop:~$ echo Test | gpg --clearsign

You need a passphrase to unlock the secret key for
user: "Johan Boeckx <johan30@easynet.be>"
1024-bit DSA key, ID 62545E12, created 2003-06-04

gpg: problem with the agent - disabling agent use

greetz,
Johan