gpa 0.6.1 hangs on Linux/Powermac

Miguel Coca mcoca@gnu.org
Thu Jun 19 20:23:02 2003

--gBBFr7Ir9EOA20Yy

On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 20:43:39 +0200, Albrecht Dre=DF wrote:
> Am 17.06.03 22:56 schrieb(en) Miguel Coca:
> >Known bug. GPA 0.6.1 has a pretty stupid bug when reading the config
> >file that comes up in architectures where char is unsigned. Attached I
> >send the trivial patch that fixes it.
>=20
> Thanks, it works now!
>=20
> Just an other question (which may be totally stupid): when I try to impor=
t=20
> a key from a keyserver (using the import dialog), I always get a message=
=20
> about a missing helper app. Did I miss to install something? May it=20
> disturb the configure/build process that gnupg and gpa live in different=
=20
> trees (/usr vs. /opt/gnome-2.2)?

GPA uses the same programs as GnuPG for retrieving keys from
keyservers (the gpgkeys_* programs). However, in GnuPG 1.2.x, support
for HKP keyservers is built into gpg and the ldap keyserver plugin is
only built if the appropiate libraries are available. So there is no
guarantee that they will be installed.

You can install the hkp plugin manually from the GnuPG source code.
Just type "make gpgkeys_hkp" in the keyserver directory and copy that
to wherever gpa is looking for it (you can see the path in gpadefs.h
in the gpa source root, it's the GPA_KEYSERVER_HELPERS_DIR define).

Hope this helps,
--=20
Miguel Coca (mcoca@gnu.org)                http://zipi.fi.upm.es/~e970095/

--gBBFr7Ir9EOA20Yy