Problem importing DEKART Certificate

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Thu May 15 15:50:02 2003

On Tue, 13 May 2003 16:03:46 +0300, max  said:

> gpgsm: unknown hash algorithm `1.3.14.3.2.13'

That is the old and flawed SHA (SHA-0) algorithm.  Peter Gutmann has to
write this on it:

  Oddball OIW OID.  Incorrectly used by JDK 1.1 in place of (1 3 14 3
  2 27) Their response was that they know it's wrong, but noone uses
  SHA0 so it won't cause any problems, right?

> I tried to find something like this in source files of Agypten project, but
> hopeless.

You need to look into libgcrypt (cipher/md.c) and libksba.  There are
tables for mapping the OIDs.  Map that one to SHA-1. I won't put such
bogus mapping into libgcrypt, though.

I would not trust such CA as they have obviously never checked what
they are really doing.  Sadly this is true for a majority of CAs :-(

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner

--
  Nonviolence is the greatest force at the disposal of
  mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of