gnupg 1.1.91 does not compile out of the box

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Nov 6 15:43:43 CET 2003

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 12:26:30 +0100, Jan-Oliver Wagner said:

> I have problems compiling gnupg 1.1.91:
> Seems that assuan.h can not be found though I installed
> libassuan 0.6.0. However, the installation of libassuan

I can't remember any problems building that.  However, we have done
much more cleanup in the last weeks, so the CVS stuff should be more
usable.

I'd suugest to wait undil mid next week - I plan to do a release then.

> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I../common -I../include -I../intl
> -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/local/aegypten/share/locale\"
> -DGNUPG_LIBEXECDIR="\"/usr/local/aegypten/libexec/gnupg\"" -g -O2 -Wall

Hmmm, an -I/usr/local/aegypten/include seems to be missing.  I assume
you installed assuan over there.

What does
$ libassuan-config --cflags
print?

Is it possible that this script was not found?  Set the environment
variable LIBASSUAN_CONFIG to the fuill path of libassuan-config and
try again.

  Werner

--
Werner Koch                                      <wk at gnupg.org>