[bug #2191] (aegypten)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Oct 24 19:11:53 CEST 2003

On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 05:39:48PM +0200, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 17:20:28 +0200, Ingo Klöcker said:
>
> > But this one really shouldn't have made it. It's a multipart/alternative
> > with an empty text/plain part. Such messages are always spam. IMO the
> > Request Tracker should reject anything that contains a text/html body
>
> That is just the current spammer's fashion, it will be different soon.
> You can't track all.

Very true.

> Disabling Bug reports by mail seems to be a better idea.  For
> followups the reference number should be required anyway.  Another
> idea is to announce a special keyword which must be presented in the
> body or Subject.

We are running a public request tracker for the GRASS project
for quite a while. In general cases that spam slips through are
relatively rare. Because it happens the first time for this list,
I'd thought I'd write that short note. :)

I guess that we start to finetune the email interface somewhere
in the future or move to roundup altogether.