libgpg-error RPM

Robert Schiele robert.schiele@t-online.de
Wed Sep 3 00:15:02 2003

--LwW0XdcUbUexiWVK

On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 05:34:16PM -0400, John Aldrich wrote:
> I looked all over for a "libgpg-error" RPM and could not find it. I was f=
orced=20
> to use Checkinstall to build an RPM from the tarball so I could get RPM t=
o=20
> "see" that the files were installed.
>=20
> If anyone would like a copy of that RPM, I'll be glad to make it availabl=
e. I=20
> don't really have any FTP space, so I'd prefer to upload it to gnupg.org =
or=20
> something....

The problem with binary RPMs is that they rely on having at least the libra=
ry
versions they are built against.  I don't think that it makes sense to star=
t a
pool of binary files of development versions for various distributions and
releases, which would be notoriously out of date by design.  Especially
building RPMs with checkinstall is not a good way for doing this job because
this tool might be nice to cheat some entries into the package managers
database, but it is not a reproducable way to build packages to distribute =
on
a regular basis.

If there is interest, I could do a spec file for libgpg-error.  Then everyb=
ody
could do builds of RPM packages in a simple way as you can do now with gpgm=
e.

Robert

--=20
Robert Schiele			Tel.: +49-621-181-2517