problems getting gpg-agent to work (Werner Koch)

Murray Smigel murray@smigel.org
Thu Sep 18 14:42:02 2003

--Boundary-02=_2haa/sc8s4suUl3

From: Ingo =3D?iso-8859-1?q?Kl=3DF6cker?=3D <kloecker@kde.org>
>To: gpa-dev@gnupg.org
>Subject: Re: problems getting gpg-agent to work (Werner Koch)
>Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 00:12:49 +0200

>On Wednesday 17 September 2003 15:49, Murray Smigel wrote:
>> If I just run pinentry-qt itself:
>> spud:~/.gnupg>pinentry-qt
>> Warning: using insecure memory!
>> [0x408b902c] -> OK Your orders please
>> OK Your orders please

>Enter GETPIN at the prompt. A passphrase dialog (a window) should pop=3D20
>up. Enter lots of characters. Then close the dialog. Does this work? Or=3D=
20
>does pinentry-qt crash?
>Note that you should really install pinentry 0.6.9 because in 0.6.8=3D20
>pinentry-qt had some stability problems.
>
>Regards,
>Ingo

Ok, telling pinentry-qt GETPIN causes it to crash. I built 0.6.9 and it sti=
ll=20
crashes:

spud:~/.gnupg>pinentry-qt
Warning: using insecure memory!
OK Your orders please
GETPIN
Out of memory!
Segmentation fault

I replaced pinentry-qt with pinentry-gtk in my gpg-agent.conf file and now =
the=20
tests bring up a gui for the passphase and kmail handles the plugin without=
=20
problem.

Thanks to the gpa-dev list for the help!

murray smigel