Forward from FreeBSD-GNATS: pinentry stopped working after qt32 upgrade

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Wed Sep 24 09:13:01 2003

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 00:58:19 +0200, Michael Nottebrock said:

> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=57086 ) and make
> suggestions as to what could be done to further debug the issue?

This seems to be a common problem with pinentry-qt.  We receoved
several reports of such bugs, yours is the first with detailed
information.  I know not enough about qt to tell you whats going on
but I remember that someone (Ingo?) remarked that the way the memory
allocator is overloaded is not reliable.

As a workaround, you should use pinentry-gtk - it is much smaller and
thus more reliable anyway.

  Werner

--
Werner Koch                                      <wk@gnupg.org>