Turkish localization & cross-compiling for Windows...

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Apr 9 10:27:06 CEST 2004

On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 02:45:11 +0300, Can Berk Güder said:

> 1. Does GPA use a localization engine, or does the localization have
> to be at the source-code level?

Sure, it uses the usual gettext stuff.   We have currently these
translations:

 de fr zh_TW.Big5 pt_BR ja nl es sv

> 2. Have there been any past efforts for Turkish localization?

No.  You might want to use Nilgun Belma Buguner's (nilgun at
technologist dot com) tr translation for gnupg as a reference.

> 3. We have to present binaries for both Windows or Linux. Do we need
> to cross-compile for the Windows binary?

I don't think that it is currently possible to build gpa for Windows;
it might work using Cygwin.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner