Problems with gpg-agent

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sun Feb 22 16:05:31 CET 2004

On Wednesday 18 February 2004 16:41, Jeffrey Gordon wrote:
> Ok I use to have no problems with using openpgp and kmail, I had my
> system setup as describe on the kmail howto.
>
> However recently after upgrading to kde3.2, gpg-agent no longer
> works.  I get a very quick flash of what I believe is the password
> entry window that use to come up.
>
> Any help would be great.

Most likely you are experiencing the pinentry-qt "out of memory" crash.
To check this run pinentry-qt manually and then enter "getpin" at the
prompt.

You have two options:
1.) Use pinentry-gtk.
2.) Patch pinenty-qt: In pinentry/qt/main.cpp around line 114 double the
value in the secmem_init( ... ) command. If you are using SuSE 8.2 or
9.0 then you can find RPMs of pinentry with this patch at
http://kmail.ingo-kloecker.de (at the bottom of this page).

Regards,
Ingo