[issue230] kmail shows signature as green even though root ca not trusted

Bernhard Herzog aegypten-issues at intevation.de
Mon Jul 5 14:21:07 CEST 2004

New submission from Bernhard Herzog <bh at intevation.de>:

I have a mail signed by a certificate whose root CA is not marked as trusted.
KMail shows that signature as green.  I am not asked whether I do trust that
root CA and it is not listed in ~/.gnupg/trustlist.txt.

If I enable  the "allow clients to mark keys as trusted" option in the gpgme
backend configuration dialog in kleopatra, I am asked whether the certificate
can be trusted.

Now, it's probably intended that I am not asked about the trust if that option
is not enabled, but I doubt it's intended that signatures from untrusted CAs are
green.

assignedto: werner
messages: 1154
nosy: bh, werner
priority: urgent
status: unread
title: kmail shows signature as green even though root ca not trusted
topic: gpg-agent