gpg agent difficulty

Luis P. Mendes luis_lupe2 at netvisao.pt
Mon Jul 12 20:33:35 CEST 2004

Hi,

I'm using Kontact (Kmail 1.6.1) in my computer and I'm installing gpg as a
plugin for the e-mail client.

I've read http://kmail.kde.org/kmail-pgpmime-howto.html and followed its
instructions with a few exceptions:

- didn't use newpg anymore
- didn't do "If you updated gpg from 1.0.6 or earlier, please make sure to set
your own key to ultimate trust yourself, to move the old options file
~/.gnupg/options to the new location ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf and to run

gpg --rebuild-keydb-caches"

I have gpg.conf with  use-agent and ~/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf with
pinentry-program /usr/local/bin/pinentry-qt
no-grab
default-cache-ttl 1800

Everything went fine, but my computer seems not to have agent installed.

When I run $ eval "$(gpg-agent --daemon)"
bash: gpg-agent: command not found

Can you tell me what is missing?

Thank you in advance.

Luis Mendes