gpg agent difficulty

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Mon Jul 19 21:32:22 CEST 2004

On Monday 19 July 2004 14:54, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 19, 2004 at 11:15:05AM +0200, Werner Koch wrote:
> > On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 21:25:09 +0200, Ingo Klöcker said:
> > > Yeah, and everybody (I'm talking about fellow KDE developers and
> > > not about users) apart from Marc (and probably a few others who
> > > know the secret incantation) seems to be unable to make KMail
> > > work with the new stuff. The old stuff OTOH still works perfectly
> > > for me and some other
> >
> > The gpg-agent from newpg has serious flaws and I really wonder how
> > you all can life with it.

I can't remember having read anything about serious flaws in this
version of gpg-agent.

> > gnupg 1.9 is a replcement for newpg
> > since December and I can't remember any critical bugs reported
> > then.  I assumed everyone is using that for a long time now.
>
> Maybe that is the problem then.
> We need more bug reports and also more usage.
>
> Ingo: What were the problems with gnupg1.9. in particular?
> Do we have them in the bugtracker already?

I can't tell since I haven't tried gnupg 1.9. But other people tried,
failed and asked me for help on IRC or via personal mail. Maybe it
wasn't gnupg 1.9 which caused the problems but some other part of
Aegypten 2. All I know is that they didn't manage to get
signing/encryption to work in KMail. After they downgraded it worked
again.

Regards,
Ingo