Fwd: KMail/GnuPG always report problems with signed S/MIME

bsmaillist at skynet.be bsmaillist at skynet.be
Tue Jul 20 11:46:20 CEST 2004

None of the signed messages I receive can be verified.

KMail/gpg detects that it is a signed message and displays it accordingly.
The text body is readable but the signature verification always fails.

1) When I send signed S/MIME messages to myself the messages are displayed as
"Not enough information to check signature. [Details]

I would've thought that all the information to verify my own signatures is
available on my system, especially since GnuPG allows me to sign with that
particular key/cert. I signed this e-mail using that key and I am curious
whether it causes problems in other people's KMail/GnuPG setup too.

2) Some signed mails from third parties cause another error:
" Not enough information to check signature. [Details]
e.g. recent mails of Ingo Klöcker on the Aegypten mailing list cause this
error.

3) In both cases the [Details] hyperlink does nothing.

4) The log file shows the following after I open one of these signed mails:

2004-07-19 21:54:39 gpgsm[4290] failed to create temporary file
`/home/xyz/.gnupg/.#lk0x80733e8.linux.4290': File exists
2004-07-19 21:54:40 gpgsm[4290] Fatal: can't create lock for
`/home/xyz/.gnupg/pubring.kbx'
2004-07-19 21:54:40 gpgsm[4291] ksba_cms_parse failed: EOF

I have:
SuSE 6.1
KDE 3.2.3
KMail 1.6. 2