Next step: now KMail freezes

bsmaillist at skynet.be bsmaillist at skynet.be
Thu Jul 29 16:49:06 CEST 2004

On Thursday 29 July 2004 16:35, Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 04:26:56PM +0200, bsmaillist at skynet.be wrote:
> > There is no AIA in the certificate nor a CRL distribution point.
> > There is no CRL, these are simply self-made test certificates.
> >
> > Is a CRL mandatory for GnuPG / gpgsm to function correctly?
> > And how does this explain that KMail freezes when CRL checking is
> > explicitly disabled?
>
> you may disable crls checks for testing.
>
> Add
> disable-crl-checks
> to dirmngr.conf
>
> But note that this undermines the concept of S/MIME.
>
> Best
>
> 	Jan

Hi Jan,

How does "disable-crl-checks" in gpgsm.conf and dirmngr.conf relate?

I tried what you suggest but it doesn't make any difference. With or without
disable-crl-checks in dirmngr.conf I always get:

1) with disable-crl-checks also in gpgsm.conf KMail always freezes, even when
starting KMail (I suppost the initialisation of the crypto plugins freeze the
rest of KMail as well)

2) without disable-crl-checks in gpgsm.conf with KMail still can't
verify/decrypt the signed/encrypted e-mails I sent to myself