GPA 0.7.0 GPGME "general error" [scanned]

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Dec 6 18:26:06 CET 2005

On Sun, Dec 04, 2005 at 03:24:17AM +0100, Veit Wahlich wrote:
> I ran into problems signing PGP keys using GPA on Fedora Core 4:
> GPA claims a GPGME "general error" when trying to sign a pubkey and
> aborts.

> Using the current GPA CVS sources did not help either.
>
> Creating a GPGME debug log does not emerge any bold problem, it seems
> GPA simply do not know how to handle the returned value.
> The last ~100 lines of the log are here: http://ircnet.de/paste/27

Strange.
You file an issue in the Ägypten tracker for this, attacheing the log.

> On FC3 the problem does not exist, even with similar versions of the
> packages above, so I tried to deal with the main differences - i.e.
> removing gnupg2 support from gpgme and using gcc 3.2 instead of gcc 4 -
> without success.
> I heard about the same problem on FC5test1
>
> I also googled for the problem but found no further ideas on fixing
> this.
>
> Any hints?

I guess that we need to add debugging code to GPA to find out what
is going on.
It could also be related to threading code or something else.
Did you compile anything with optimisation?
You could try without, in rare cases this might help
to find problems with compiler optimisation.
As you have switched the compiler,
it might be more in the libraries I guess.