S/MIME support in Kmail v1.9.7

Ryan Daly daly at ctcnet.net
Tue Dec 11 21:43:50 CET 2007

John R. Shannon wrote:
> Did you build gpgsm support into gpgme? Its an arg to configure.

I do not have special flags as Konstruct determined those for me.

Looking at ./configure --help, I see the following:

   --disable-gpgsm         do not build the gpgsm program

I would assume that if I do not use that option, gpgsm would be compiled
in?  I see no option to explicitly include that support.

I have a gpgsm binary in /opt/kde/3.5.8/bin.

One thing I picked up on that may be causing me issues is:

: riddler 18#; ./gpgme-config --get-gpgsm
no

The binary for gpgme-config is in the same directory as gpgsm, so I'm
not sure why it wouldn't be able to find it.