[patch] Don't add PTH include path to gpgme's CFLAGS globally

Michael Nottebrock lofi at freebsd.org
Tue Feb 13 07:33:07 CET 2007

Marcus Brinkmann schrieb:
> At Mon, 12 Feb 2007 18:04:06 +0100,
> Bernhard Reiter wrote:
>
>> [1  <multipart/signed (7bit)>]
>> [1.1  <text/plain; iso-8859-1 (quoted-printable)>]
>> Werner,
>>
>> On Monday 12 February 2007 15:21, Werner Koch wrote:
>>
>>> There is also the strange change in Pth to make soft mapping of system
>>> calls the default.  This requires many applications to explicitly
>>> disable the soft mapping.  In fact, I consider this an API change.
>>> The default Pth m4 tests are not able to grok such a change.  That is
>>> why some libs have the "foo-config --api-version" feature to allow
>>> checking for an such API changes.
>>>
>> thanks for the explanations. Can you add something
>> what this means for this patch? What is the conclusion?
>>

> Won't fix, bug is in the distribution, at least for now, until either
> someone convinces us that making Pth's pthread.h available was a good
> decision to make, or the world charges ahead and drags us with it
> kicking and screaming.

See my other reply, Pth will install its compatibility header no matter
what. Surely it's easier to add my trivial patch to gpgme than adding a
not entirely trivial additional configure check to Pth? While at it, you
could also update the ancient assuan subdir from early gnupg-devel days
that is still included with gpgme and which requires several patches to
build on FreeBSD.

Cheers,
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org