[patch] Don't add PTH include path to gpgme's CFLAGS globally

Michael Nottebrock lofi at freebsd.org
Thu Feb 15 11:09:58 CET 2007

On Wednesday, 14. February 2007 15:06, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> Let's go through this one by one:
>
> 1) If Pth installs pthread.h even if --disable-pthread is given on the
> configure command line, I think that's a bug.

Agreed, that would be a bug (but doesn't happen).

> 2) If you build Pth with --enable-pthread on a system with native
> pthread support, I think that's a bug.

I don't.

The FreeBSD port used to set --enable-pthread and --enable-syscall-soft
or --enable-syscall-hard --disable-syscall-soft, with the former being the
default (since a few days, these two configurations are separate ports).

> With which of these three statements (if any) do you disagree?

In my book you're declaring a feature a bug in order to avoid fixing one.

Rather than uselessly waste time arguing, I'd like to know what problem there
is with committing my trivial patch. gpgme is the only software in the whole
ports collection that even needs to be patched to work around this issue.

> The assuan directory in GPGME is current as of december 2006 (released
> in GPGME 1.1.3).  Since then, only two small changes have been done in
> libassuan, which should not affect current usage.

if /bin/sh /usr/local/bin/libtool --tag=CC --mode=compile
cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I../include -D_ASSUAN_IN_GPGME_BUILD_ASSUAN   -O -pipe  -Wall -Wcast-align -Wshadow -Wstrict-prototypes -MT
funopen.lo -MD -MP -MF ".deps/funopen.Tpo" -c -o funopen.lo funopen.c; \
        then mv -f ".deps/funopen.Tpo" ".deps/funopen.Plo"; else
rm -f ".deps/funopen.Tpo"; exit 1; fi

cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I../include -D_ASSUAN_IN_GPGME_BUILD_ASSUAN -O -pipe -Wall -Wcast-align -Wshadow -Wstrict-prototypes -MT
funopen.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/funopen.Tpo -c
funopen.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/funopen.o
funopen.c:63:2: #error No known way to implement funopen.

This is because gpgme's assuan still attempts to use the reimplementation of
funopen that requires fopencookie (in libassuan, funopen.c is still shipped,
but not used). I cannot find libassuan in gnupg's svn to check when funopen.c
was removed from Makefile.am, but at least the 1.0.1 release of libassuan
doesn't have it and Makefile.am has a timestamp from november 2006.

There's another issue with a gpgme addition to assuan.h:

cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I../include -D_ASSUAN_IN_GPGME_BUILD_ASSUAN -O                                                                                                     -pipe -Wall -Wcast-align -Wshadow -Wstrict-prototypes -MT
assuan-errors.lo -MD -MP -MF                                                                                                     .deps/assuan-errors.Tpo -c
assuan-errors.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/assuan-errors.o
In file included from assuan-errors.c:13:
assuan.h:74: error: syntax error before "socklen_t"
assuan.h:74: warning: function declaration isn't a prototype
assuan.h:75: error: syntax error before "socklen_t"
assuan.h:75: warning: function declaration isn't a prototype

This error is due to a missing #include <sys/socket.h>

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org