some menu items are fixed in English in GPA 0.8.0 from gpg4win.org (on Windows XP)

Cristian Secară orice at secarica.ro
Thu Mar 26 19:03:43 CET 2009

(resent message with further editing; previously I included a
snapshot attachment too big for this list)

On 26 Mar 2009 13:07:06 +0100, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> Something must have gone wrong when you ran update-po.  My po file
> here has Windows and Help and others, and the German translation
> looks fine, too.

I agree I was confusing, sorry for that.

1. Some menu items are present in the ,po file, are already
translated, but they still appear in English language in the
GPA interface.
Some examples: _Import keys..., E_xport keys..., _Backup....

2. Some menu items appear in English language in the GPA interface, but
I cannot find them in the .po file.
Some examples: _Windows, _Help.

See this snapshot
http://www.secarica.ro/misc/gpa_interface_language_mix.png
For this test I choosed the german interface language, because it is
supposed to be the most complete, but happens the same with my own
translation (Romanian).

I am using the template file from the file gpa-0.8.0.tar.bz2 available
here http://wald.intevation.org/frs/?group_id=13
which I translated with Poedit.
By opening the German de.po file from that archive with Poedit, the word
"help" does not exist there either.

This happens on Windows build available from www.gpg4win.org.
I have no idea how GPA's menus behave in a Linux build.

Cristi